Mobility Day Steinplatz
Come on! Berlin mobility in transition
In the Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf district, a large number of actors are pushing forward the mobility turnaround. Already there are enough alternatives to move comfortably and at the same time to relieve the road space for the benefit of all. Extensive sharing offers, new types of vehicles, but also mobile applications (apps) for the intelligent use of various mobility services are being used more and more frequently, and are beginning to shape the new cityscape.
In order to make this development tangible and to talk about it with citizens, the Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf district office organizes this series of events called “Mobility Days at Steinplatz”. The first one was held on April 13, 2019 between 12:00 and 19:00.
Mobility service providers, vehicle manufacturers, research projects, civil society initiatives and parties present how and with which solutions mobility can be promoted for a more liveable city.
For one afternoon the stone square becomes the center of the new forms of movement. Citizens, mobility and the curious can familiarize themselves with various mobility offers. In a closed area of the Goethestraße between Knesebeckstraße and Steinplatz, before the official launch of the “Elektrokleinstfahrzeuge-Verordnung” in addition to electric scooters / eScooters other vehicles such. For example, try out Mobike’s rental bikes. The driving school inno.M from the Klausenerplatz-Kiez instructs in the use of the electric cargo bikes of the BMBF-research project “Distribut-e – green neighborhood delivery chains for the city of tomorrow” and the Berlin start-up citkar presents with the “Loadster” a four-wheeled e-bike. Cargo bike to replace a van.
SHARE NOW, which emerged from the combination of Drive Now and car2go, will be presenting the topic of freefloating e-car sharing with two BMW i3s, the newcomer to in-house car sharing Oply will bring a rental van, and Tassima will offer tours with a double-decker sightseeing tour electrified by retrofit -Bus on.
Next to this, the research project NEUE MOBILITY BERLIN gives 50 car owners from Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf the opportunity to leave their car for one month and instead manage their daily travel needs with an extensive voucher quota from various mobility providers. Even before the start of the communication campaign, interested parties can secure their participation in the annual SUMMER FLEETs at the Mobility Day on the Steinplatz.
At the stands, which will be arranged around the stone square, a multitude of experts will be available to answer questions and discuss new ideas. In addition to an entertainment program, short presentations on the mobility of the future will also be regularly heard on stage. The culinary supply will be provided by food trucks.
Program points: Erlebniswelt Neue Mobilität | Presentations of new mobility solutions | Pitches on the mobile Speakers’ Corner | Exhibitions | Cargo parking | u.v.a.m.
Besides other former (and maybe future) exhibitors were/are:
- The project “Distribute”
- The project “New Mobility Berlin”
- The company “insel-projekt.berlin.de”
- The Urban Mobility Competence Center of the BMW Group
- The company “Share Now”
- The “Urban Mobility Dialogue” of the “academus GmbH”
- Manfred Wos with his “Self Made Cargo Bike”
- The district office Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf
- The “fLotte” from the ADFC
- The company “MoBike GmbH”
- The “door2door GmbH”
- The “Green Group of the district Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf”
- The Federal Association of small electrical vehicles e.V. “Electric Empire”
- The cargo wheel manufacturer “citkar GmbH”
- The company “Tassima AG”
- The company “Urban Cargo”
- The Constin GmbH
- The car-sharing provider “Oply”
- The Cluster “Transport and Mobility” of the IHK Berlin
- The driving school for electric bicycles “inno.M”
- The company “move green international GmbH”
- The company “SunCrafter Solar Generation”
- The company “Stadtmobil Berlin GmbH”
- The company “cambio Mobility Service GmbH & Co.KG”
- The “fLotte” from the ADFC
|31st October 2020
|13th June 2020 postponed (Corona)
|13th April 2019